Those responsible for SAIC assume the commitment to guarantee the quality of the degrees taught at the university and its centers and to ensure the continuous improvement of their results. They are structured in two levels:
- Vice-Rector’s Office with Quality Competencies
Direct and promote the implementation and development of SAICs, as they represent a reinforcement of the quality assurance and continuous improvement of the centers and degrees, facilitating the monitoring, accreditation and certification processes. Likewise, it is responsible for providing adequate institutional support for the development of evaluation and quality programs, guaranteeing their sustainability over time.
Quality Assessment and Improvement Unit-Technical Quality Unit
The Quality Evaluation and Improvement Unit (UEMC), and its Technical Quality Unit (UTC), are in charge of the management and planning of the design, implementation and evaluation processes of the SAIC, necessary to guarantee continuous improvement in the center and its degrees, as well as the achievement of the established objectives, responding to the needs and expectations of stakeholders.
Likewise, the UTC is in charge of preparing and supplying the framework documentation related to the evaluation and quality programs, and of providing technical advice and training to the agents involved. It promotes the development of processes through adequate coordination with academic and quality managers, commissions, self-assessment work groups, quality agencies and other bodies / entities involved.
Center / Degree
This team and, in particular, its Director, assumes the responsibility of directing and promoting the evaluation and quality programs in the center. A center quality manager is part of its team, who will be in charge of coordinating and developing the management of the processes related to the implementation and evaluation of the SAIC and the evaluation of degrees.
Center / Title Quality Manager
Those responsible for the quality of the center / degree, who will be integrated as members of the Quality Commission, will exercise general coordination functions, among which the following stand out:
– Support the dean team in the development of the evaluation and quality programs in the center
– Promote and lead the implementation of the SAIC
– Participate in the design, implementation and evaluation of degrees
In relation to the Title Quality Assurance System (SAIC)
– Manage, review and update the SAIC documentation.
– Carry out the analysis of information derived from SAIC procedures and inform the Quality Committee of its development (imbalances, improvement actions …).
– Manage internal communication with the agents involved in the SAIC.
– Channel claims, complaints and suggestions to the Quality Commission and coordinate response actions.
– Promote the culture of evaluation and quality among the different stakeholders.
– Guarantee transparency and accountability to stakeholders, supervising the updating of the content of the Web (publication of information, relevant results of the title, etc.).
– Serve as an interlocutor with the Vice-Rector’s Office with competence in quality and the UTC in all those actions related to the field of institutional evaluation and quality.
In relation to the degrees
– Promote and participate in the processes of design, modification, monitoring and renewal of the accreditation of official degrees.
– Supervise the implementation of the degrees, in accordance with the provisions of the Certificate Verification Report and / or its subsequent modifications, and carry out, together with the Quality Commission, their monitoring.
– Participate in the analysis, evolution, reflection and proposal of improvement actions based on the results of academic performance and satisfaction of the degrees.
– Support the Quality Commission in the management of the Teaching Guides of the official degrees.
Center / Section / Title Quality Commission
It is the section that intervenes in the planning and monitoring tasks of the SAIC, and acts as one of the mechanisms for effective stakeholder participation through which the quality and continuous improvement of the center and its degrees are guaranteed. It is made up of the management team, responsible for quality and representatives of the different interest groups of the center (PDI, student-graduates, PAS, employers, etc.). Among the functions it performs are, among others:
– Participate in the design, review and update of the SAIC documentation.
– Verify the monitoring and implementation of the SAIC.
– Analyze and resolve, together with the quality manager, claims, complaints and suggestions.
– Study and, where appropriate, approve the implementation of the SAIC improvement proposals and their qualifications.
– Guarantee the review and evaluation processes.